MAKE A LIVING MAKING A DIFFERENCE
We are an Oakland-based organization offering assemblies and workshops on bullying prevention, character-education and peace-making skills to elementary and middle schools throughout the United States.
Soul Shoppe supports school communities by providing social-emotional learning programs and tools that teach students powerful learning & life skills. In addition to working with students, we also support staff by creating and facilitating dynamic staff development trainings that give teachers the necessary tools to implement academic and personal growth.
We have a Position Open!
Soul Shoppe Office Manager
Timeline for Hiring:
May 15 – 22 – reviewing resumes and candidates
May 22 – 30 – interviews and offer to top candidate
June 5 – 9 – overlap and training with outgoing Office Manager
About Soul Shoppe
Soul Shoppe’s mission is to create safe learning environments that bring forth a culture of compassion, connection, and curiosity- eliminating bullying at the roots. For over seventeen years, Soul Shoppe has worked with elementary and middle school students, helping them to get along better, to develop social and emotional skills, to manage emotions, and to resolve conflicts. Our presence in schools improves students’ self-regulation, boosts academic performance, enhances school climate, and prevents bullying.
In addition to working with students, we also support school staff by creating and facilitating dynamic staff development trainings that give teachers the necessary tools to implement academic and personal growth.
With a staff of around 20 people, Soul Shoppe requires a competent Office Manager to support the management team, program facilitators, administrative staff and our schools.
General Info About the Office Manager Position
Soul Shoppe is looking for someone who can be the “anchor” in a friendly, yet fast-moving office. The ideal Office Manager will be a big part of creating and maintaining the culture of Soul Shoppe. He/she will hold a group a facilitators, educators, and administrative staff and compassionately help them stay in integrity with their work responsibilities. He/she will care about schools and students, and about building empathy in the world. The Office Manager will help hold the culture of an organization that is committed to clear and conscious communication, and developing people’s emotional intelligence.
Duties of the Office Manager
- Communicate with SS schools via email and by phone. Answer their questions, address their needs, and provide information requested in a timely manner.
- Generate all new contracts for schools and schedule Soul Shoppe facilitators to fulfill programs
- Troubleshoot date conflicts, reschedule/cancel dates, schedule sales meetings for new schools, etc.
- Book facilitator’s travel (airfare, lodging, rental car or mileage) for out of area schools.
- Daily/consistent communication via email and by phone with the management team, staff, outside consultants, vendors, and school administrators.
- Email schools weekly for program changes, revisions, cancellations, schedules, questions, needs, etc.
- Communicate with the CFO regularly regarding financials.
- Manage and delegate tasks to Administrative Assistants.
- Connect with administrative staff about work schedules, time off requests, upcoming events, etc. and get approval from Director of Operations.
- Google Drive, Calendar, Forms, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- One Stop Payroll
- PS Print
- Board of Equalization (sales tax reporting)
- Financials: Bank of America, American Express, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- Network for Good
- Website maintenance for soulshoppe.com
- CA Department of Justice (fingerprints)
- Be the initial point of contact for most incoming sales calls- provide info about Soul Shoppe programs, schedule sales meetings for others, send sales fliers per their request, proposals, quotes, etc.
- Collaborate on the implementation and setup of Salesforce to kick-off in 2017.
- Supervise and assist administrative staff in creating and distributing marketing materials
- Assist in hiring process of new employees, when applicable.
- New hire paperwork- handout and manage all new hire paperwork for new facilitators, admin, consultants, etc.
- Record Management- files retention and security; maintain personnel files on each employee.
- Assist facilitators in the fingerprinting & TB tests process
- Create new forms, policies and procedures. Update staff contact lists, volunteer lists, etc.
- Maintain employee health benefits plan, add new employees, submit change requests, remove employees, etc.
- Create and update the Soul Shoppe Employee Handbook.
- Ideally the Office Manager would have some experience navigating QuickBooks (not needing to be expert), including:
- Creating estimates in QuickBooks for every new contract.
- Bookkeeping: weekly invoicing, receive and pay all bills, reconciling all credit card accounts, keeping-up on past due invoice notices to schools, etc.
- Assist CFO in accounting reports, taxes, end of year financials, etc.
- Payroll: collect timesheets and submit payroll bi-monthly.
- Receive checks and make weekly deposit runs to Wells Fargo Bank.
- Go through Soul Shoppe protocol intake questions for each potential event; collect information on events that others want Soul Shoppe to be a part of.
- Organize and create event docs to see the event through each stage from beginning to end, including post follow-up needs.
- Order all catering for events and monthly staff meetings.
- Determine who will be leading at an event and coordinate their schedule.
- Program supplies- print flips/posters for workshops as needed, order new supplies for all programs, track inventory, make sure Office Assistant stays on task with packing monthly supplies (posters and bookmarks) for all facilitators to distribute at schools.
- Assist Admin team with other program development projects as needed/available.
- Run miscellaneous errands for staff meetings; pick up supplies for office and events.
- Cleanliness around the office when needed (trash/recycling, vacuum, clean dishes, etc.)
- Make sure room is setup for monthly staff meetings, etc.
- Maintain record of staff birthdays, anniversaries, and dietary restrictions.
Who You Are:
- Highly organized with a great attention to detail
- Consistent, dependable, and punctual
- Strong multi-tasker with ability to prioritize work for self and others
- Team player, flexible and able to work with humor and grace under pressure.
- 3-5 years of professional experience as an Office Manager or administrative staff
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Drive, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient with QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Range $3,500 – $3,900 per month, depending on configuration of benefits.
Generous holidays and paid time off.
36 hours/week: 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday with occasional events (usually once a quarter) on weekends or evenings. Open to discussion about distribution of work hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs., and talk or hear.
Soul Shoppe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED:
1. Send a cover letter to email@example.com letting us know why you are interested in this position, and why you feel you would be a good fit for our organization.
2. Send your resume in a Word or PDF doc only, any other formats will kindly be ignored.
3. Review this timeline and let us know 1-2 date options that you would be available to come interview. We are looking to fill this position ASAP.