About Soul Shoppe:
Soul Shoppe’s mission is to create safe learning environments that bring forth a culture of compassion, connection, and curiosity- eliminating bullying at the roots. For over seventeen years, Soul Shoppe has worked with elementary and middle school students, helping them to get along better, to develop social and emotional skills, to manage emotions, and to resolve conflicts. Our presence in schools improves students’ self-regulation, boosts academic performance, enhances school climate, and prevents bullying.
In addition to working with students, we also support school staff by creating and facilitating dynamic staff development trainings that give teachers the necessary tools to implement academic and personal growth.
The Soul Shoppe office is a fast-moving, friendly, communicative environment. People truly like working within our vibrant, supportive culture. With a staff of around 20 people, Soul Shoppe requires an Administrative Assistant to support the Office Manager in meeting needs of our staff, facilitators and schools.
General Info About the Admin Position
Soul Shoppe is looking for someone who is solid and can work effectively in our friendly and fast-moving office. Our small office stays busy with staff coming and going and schools calling and emailing. The ideal Admin Assistant can work with focus but be flexible enough to quickly switch gears when needed. They will also play a big part of maintaining the culture of Soul Shoppe, working compassionately with our staff and schools. They will care about students, education and about building empathy in the world.
Key Roles of the Administrative Assistant:
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, order or pick up supplies as needed.
- Data entry- updating various spreadsheets and Salesforce as needed.
- Website and online software maintenance (1shoppingcart, Vertical Response).
- Maintain office cleanliness- trash & recycling removal, vacuuming, watering plants, dishes, general upkeep.
- Package and ship out online product orders.
- Google maintenance- setup/troubleshoot employee email accounts, and maintain calendar backup.
- Communicate with schools via phone and email to assist in scheduling and distributing materials.
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Post office runs and other misc. errands as assigned.
- Simple graphic design of documents, flyers, PowerPoint presentations.
- Impeccable attention to detail (must love spreadsheets!)
- Must be able to stay focused in our busy space
- Can communicate clearly and professionally
- Proficient with Google calendar, Gmail, Google Docs, etc.
- Ability to use Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Consistent, dependable, and punctual.
- An attitude that enjoys and sees the value in supporting other staff members.
- Friendly and willing to communicate questions and needs.
- Experience with Photo Shop, In Design, Adobe Acrobat or other graphic software knowledge a BIG PLUS!
- Experience with social media outreach a BIG PLUS!
Compensation and Hours:
32 hours a week, $18.00 per hour (8 hrs a day Monday -Thursday)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter as a PDF attachment to: email@example.com
Please be sure to write “Soul Shoppe Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
*Please let us know in body of your email when you’re available for an in-person interview. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest, have a beautiful day!